- Our Vendors
Early Season (May 8 - June 19)
Saturdays: 9am - 12pm
Regular Season (June 26 - October 31)
Late Season (November 6-20)
The Fondy Farmers Market is a producer only farmers market. Our farmers and small business owners have either grown or made every item they sell at the market.
The Fondy Farmers Market farmers sell a wide variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, plants, herbs, and flowers*. The market also features specialty products such as farm fresh eggs, local bakery and desserts, natural body products, preserves and pickles, prepared food, and more!
*Seasonally available produce: spring onions, garlic, asparagus, strawberries, mustard greens, collard greens, green tomatoes, red tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, corn, a wide wide variety of eggplants, peaches, apples, pumpkins and squash..and much, much more!
The Fondy Farmers Market is located at 2200 W. Fond du Lac Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53206. Located on Milwaukee's historic Northside, just two miles from downtown, the neighborhood features community gardens, local businesses and entrepreneurs, and dedicated community partners working together towards creating wellness and wealth for our neighbors.
The property is owned by the City of Milwaukee which partners with Fondy as the sole tenant and market operator.
Thank you so much for your interest in the Fondy Farmers Market! Our non-profit Fondy was started to support the long-term sustainability of the market and we work hard every year to find ways to support our vendors and customers. In 2020, we saw over 25,000 customers visit the market, over $72,000 in SNAP sales, with an additional $34,000 in produce incentives spent at the market.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic: Farmers Markets are “essential businesses.” Fondy is working to create a COVID-19 Safe Operations plan and we expect all vendors to comply with the plan once it is published. We pledge to do everything we can to operate a safe and healthy market space where vendors can still sell their farmed and locally made products, while giving customers access to fresh, healthy, and local food. We will accept applications from anyone who is growing, raising, or making their own food or creating their own locally-made products.
We have created a Safe Operating Plan in partnership with the Milwaukee Health Department that includes moving many vendors to new stalls to allow physical distancing, not allowing on-site consumption of food, and offering guidance to customers and vendors on how to safely attend the farmers market.
Special Events, Music, Cooking Demos, Yoga, and Community Booths will be on hold until further notice.
Since we’re currently working off-site, we don’t have hard copies of applications readily available. Please email Katie Hassemer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance with the application.
Fondy worked with the City of Milwaukee's Health Department to create a COVID Safe Operating plan that includes sanitation measures and physically distancing vendors and staff.
We ask the following of our customers:
- Stay home if you are sick or you are in a high-risk group
- Face coverings are recommended to be worn while shopping
- Practice good cough and hand hygiene
- Maintain 6 foot distancing from other customers and vendors while walking around market and while making or waiting to make purchases or while at Info Booth
- Customers age 65+ should have someone shop for them whenever possible
- Listen to FFM staff who will communicate with and disperse customers if physical distancing is not being practiced; one customer per vendor’s marked selling area will be allowed
- Customers are discouraged from handling produce/products before buying; vendor encouraged to bag/pack purchases
- Reusable shopping bags are discouraged
- Make a shopping list and complete shopping as quickly as possible
- Strongly recommend one customer per household to enter the market for shopping. Customers in need of assistance should bring a helper into the market
- No pets or smoking in the market space
- Limit interactions with other customers, vendors, and staff
We welcome groups offering educational or community resources to apply to participate in one of our markets!
Please fill out this form to apply to join us at the Fondy Farmers Market.
The form is for community groups, non-profits and businesses whose
mission or product enhances Fondy's mission, and wishes to
table or offer an educational experience at the Fondy Farmers Market
(2200 W Fond du Lac Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53206) for the 2021 market
season. We ask that groups are at market at least from 9am-12pm on
dates they're scheduled, but are welcome to come earlier and stay longer
(market is open 7am-2pm on Saturdays). We offer this space to you at
no cost, and ask that you do not sell any products or services. In the
ever-evolving recommendations for COVID-safe environments, once approved
for certain dates, we'll let you know what our current safe market
policies are so you can plan accordingly.